Sunday, April 19, 2009

Coloring Easter Eggs

IMG_3191 copy_web

So…I have to tell on myself a little bit here.  Easter snuck up on me.  Like all holidays and birthdays seem to.  For some reason, if I don’t have them written on the calendar where they are in plain sight, I tend to think that holidays and birthdays are 2 weeks out.  I don’t know why, but that’s the way my brain thinks.  Maybe it’s wishful thinking.  Like  I’m wishing I had more time or something.  I don’t know.  All I know is that it’s really irritating to me and probably the people who’s birthdays I forget until two weeks after the fact. 

IMG_3155 copy_web

So…Easter this year was no exception.  It snuck up on me and I didn’t even get the eggs colored on time!  My poor children.  Well, I decided that we would just color the eggs anyway…on Monday, the day after Easter.  And that’s just what we did! 

IMG_3158 copy_web

We like using all kinds of different media to create a resist or masking effect.  This year we used crayons…

IMG_3180 copy_web

…rubber cement…

IMG_3175 copy_web

…and gummed reinforcements. 

IMG_3159 copy_web

This little fella was created by J.  So cute!

IMG_3160 copy_web

I tried one using scotch tape, totally covering the egg in strip layers.  I then put the egg in one color for awhile, unpealed a layer of tape and put it into another color and repeated this process until there was no tape left on it.  It looked tie died.  Very cool!

IMG_3165 copy_web

J said, “Mom, this is so much fun!  We should do it more often…not just on Easter.”

IMG_3190 copy_web

There’s just something about coloring eggs that’s truly one of my favorite times of the year.  There’s just a sense of something new and fresh in the air in the spring.  The bright colors of the eggs!  And then you get to eat ‘em!  Yum!

IMG_3191 copy_web

So…Happy Belated Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin