Thursday, May 7, 2009

Artisan Bread

IMG_3479_filtered copy_web

I wanted to share with you a wonderful site I just happened to come across some months ago on artisan bread.  It’s the most amazing bread!  I love home made bread, and so does my family, but the time it takes, several times a week to make it, just doesn’t fit into our schedule.  So when I came across this recipe for bread where I can make the dough ahead of time and use over a couple weeks’ time, I had to check it out! 

It literally takes less than 5 minutes of my time whenever I want to make a loaf of bread.  After I make the big batch of dough (which takes maybe 10-15 minutes) and keep it in the refrigerator, each day that I want a loaf, I just grab about 2 lbs of dough, dust it with flour, (no kneading required…ever!) and toss it into a greased bread pan.  It rests for about 1 hour and 40 minutes before going into the oven for 1 hour.  It comes out perfect every time!  There is nothing you can do to this dough that it will not work!  It’s fool proof!  

We have also used the dough for making pizza.  Absolutely wonderful!  It’s always all ready to go, so we just grab out a hunk of it and press it into the pizza pan, add our toppings and bake for about 10-15 minutes.  Literally about 20-30 minutes until mealtime! 

The dough is a type of sour dough with a very mild, nutty taste.  You can add any fresh or dried herbs and/or garlic to the dough as well for a fabulous herbed bread.  My family loves this bread so much that I’ve had to limit my kids from getting into it without asking.  They would eat a whole loaf for snack! 

Do any of my readers have recipes like this that have just grabbed you and made your life easier and tastier?  I’d love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin