Thursday, July 10, 2008

Nannying

This past week I've been "nannying" (is that even a word?) for some friends of mine who went to Cancun for their 20th wedding anniversary. They have 6 kids ranging in age from 18-2; two of them have special needs: one is deaf and one has Downs Syndrome. It's been quite interesting. The most trying part of it, though, has been that the 2-year-old had an intestinal bug and has had diarrhea and been vomiting almost the whole week.

So I've been running around the house after her changing bed linens, changing her outfits several times a day, spraying spots on the floor with Woolite Pet Odor stuff (by the way...this really works well!), and changing a million diapers a day.

Today is my last day here; I get to sleep in my own bed tonight! Whoohoo! J is also excited to be going home. But K loves it out here. There is so much room for her to play. This week while we were here they had a new washer & dryer and refridgerator delivered. So K asked the delivery men for the refridgerator box and she's been having a blast with her little "house". I'll post more about that later, but right now I have to go get two little boys from summer school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin