Thursday, July 24, 2008

Farm Day Produce

Here is the produce that we brought home today from Farm Day: carrots, beets, kale, basil, lettuce, swiss chard, and green onions. I'm going to blanche the kale and chard and freeze it for future use. The carrots probably won't be around longer than one day. The kids keep nibbling on them...alright, I guess I do too. There's just nothing like fresh, home-grown carrots. The lettuce and green onions will be used up quickly in salads.

As for the beets, I have not eatten fresh beets in so long that I decided to check out some recipes online to see what I could do with them. This Red Salad looks really good. I also think this American Beauty Cake sounds tasty. There were several wonderful recipes I came across. Now to just choose one! Oh my! Well, we could always just eat beets more often.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo!! Wish I could go to farm day! I went to a "farm" stand here yesterday, and most of the produce was from South America!! Grrr! Can't wait to hear about how the beets turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin